Today we are taking a look at some of the changes made to Archaeology in Mists of Pandaria. You can find these changes and all of the longer lists that go with them in the menu on the right of the navbar.
- You are now able to survey up to six times per digsite. This change went live with Patch 5.0.4.
- There will be two new races to solve for, the Pandaren and the Mogu.
- You won't want to vendor the new artifacts, as they only sell for 1g. Instead, you use them to create a Restored Artifact.
- Restored Artifacts can be used to purchase crates that contain 5-9 fragments for the non Pandaria races, as well as two other items.
- Occasionally an Ancient Haunt will spawn after finding artifact fragments. They rarely drop a Mogu or Pandaren keystone and always drop ~7 fragments.
- There are some Archaeology daily quests now!
- You can find Pristine versions of artifacts and put them on display.