Thursday, September 6, 2012

Project-Script.me Community Driven!

Project-Script.me is currently in a closed Alpha test more information on upcoming beta tests will be released at a later date. Feel free to join the community and get involved with the development in any way possible.

What is Project-Script.me?
I Started project-script.me to build a community and a server eventually based on TrinityCore's Emulator which will run World of Warcraft: Wrath of The Lich King which is client version 3.3.5a.
I'm hoping to introduce fixes to the core and boss scripts as well as possible added features that other servers don't currently have.

What is the reason behind making Project-Script.me?
I've noticed that a lot of servers seem to lack thinking or planning before being opened. I've also noticed that a lot of servers just open all the content instantly as soon as the server goes live. Some servers do it will by working on an patch and opening the content as it gets tested and completed.

Why did you choose Wrath of The Lich King Client?
I believe that core and scripts of the 3.3.5a client are some of the best around. I also believe we can have the best of both worlds we can have the LFG tool, built in path finding and built in anti-cheat without really loosing much. I also believe that the 3.3.5a client is the easiest to download and run compared to Vanilla and TBC it also makes the jump from say Vanilla to TBC or TBC to WOTLK much easier as everything will be changed server side and nothing will need to be changed client side.

What is the overall Aim of Project-Script.me?
The main aim for me is to learn from this project I have plans such as allowing players to beta test and then eventually having a server online 24/7 running but I want to learn from this project not just about programming better in C++ and SQL but also learning more about what it takes to bring a good community together. My other aim is of course to bring together a really good Private Server community I really want everyone to feel like this is a special community and not just another Private Server that's going to die in a few weeks or months. I'm hoping to keep this project going as long as possible I hope to eventually have a Beta program for the community to test my fixes and changes and report bugs etc and then the final step would be opening the server to everyone and allowing players to experience not only a great community effort but also a great and fun time.

If you need anymore information on the server check out our FAQ page: http://www.project-script.me/index.php?topic=33.0

Project-Script.me

Update 1: Added a Path finding video to the forums for players to see the Path finding in action. I've tuned the path finding up a lot to use less resources and be a little smoother when calculating paths. The original path finding system is not my own work.
Update 2: Added a small teaser for the Gunship battle I'm still working on the script myself so it's not a full video until it's done correctly.
Update 3: Worked through a lot of Vanilla and TBC content to make sure it works and if not apply some fixes.